Posts are different from Pages. Posts are meant to display quick and timely information such as announcements; Pages, by contrast, are meant to convey static information.
Posts will display in a rolling format all in one place, in the Newest First order. You can choose to display Posts on a Page, Home page highlight, or sidebar. This is a great way to provide quick updates about closures, changes in services, or anything else.
Note: Keep comments turned off! You don’t want to be responsible for monitoring discussion or deleting spam.
Writing a Post
From the Dashboard
- Click the Posts tab then Add New.
- Enter your Post title and description just like you would to create a new Page.
- You can select a Category and Tags, but these are optional.
- When you are ready, click Publish.
- Note: Don’t check Allow Comments! You don’t want to spend time moderating or deleting spam!
The following shortcodes can be used for the Highlight columns or in the sidebar. Each parameter adds a new display instruction.
[display-posts include_date=”true” include_excerpt=”true” excerpt_more=”Continue Reading” excerpt_more_link=”true” posts_per_page=”3″ wrapper=”ul” wrapper_class=”blogpost”]